•Father, Businessman, and Teacher
•Areas of Focus: Attorneys, Business Owners, Families, Engineers, and Physicians
•Speaker, Writer, and Traveler
Born in Philadelphia, Ty grew up in Yeadon, and has lived in the greater Philadelphia area the majority of his life. He graduated from Monsignor Bonner High School in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania. After high school he received both his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Pennsylvania State University both in Business Administration.
After receiving his bachelor’s degree from Penn State University, Ty worked at the mutual fund giant Vanguard for over 10 years. During his time at Vanguard, he served and educated the individual investor, retirement plan sponsors and participants, and financial advisor markets. In his various roles, Ty focused on teaching investors how to manage and understand portfolio costs and fees as it relates to being able to reach investment goals.
After leaving Vanguard, Ty launched his practice as a financial advisor. He built on his foundation of investment knowledge from Vanguard by adding in the comprehensive financial planning process that puts the client first and foremost. Ty serves a very diverse clientele by offering each client a plan uniquely crafted to meet their goals and objectives. After building his practice, in 2017 Ty created Pegasus Financial Planning. His vision was to create a firm where advisors worked together to focus on educating and serving their client while following the fiduciary standard.
Bachelors of Arts – Business Administration; Penn State University, Brandywine ‘03
Masters of Business Administration; Penn State University, Great Valley ’10g
Ty has served as:
- Chair of Finance Committee – WTS Philadelphia
- President and Chairman of The Board – Penn State University Brandywine Alumni Society
- Board Member/Membership Committee – Rocky Run YMCA
- Chair of Finances/Investments – The Delaware County Community Fund
- Adjunct Professor – Pennsylvania State University
- Chair of Membership Committee – The Delaware County Chamber of Commerce
- Chair of the Audit Committee and Member of the Executive Team – Penn State Alumni Association
5 Star Wealth Manager Award